Ahh! It feels like ages since I haven’t posted anything. But I’m back and ready to post more!😊
Finally the MorphexJaclyHill palette is here!🎉 Thankfully, I was able to grab this on the first launch. (The second launce will be on July 18) I received this about two weeks ago and had a lot of time to play around with this beauty.
This palette includes 35 “new” shadows ranging from warm, neutral and pop of colors. There are a few shades that look similar to other Morphe palettes, but majority of the shadows are new. There are even shadows with microscopic glitter which Morphe never created in the past. These shadows are also formulated and pressed differently. They are supposed to be more pigmented with the best color payoff. There are a mixture of mattes, shimmers, metallic and duo chromes shades.
Here are the swatches:
*Finger swatches on your right and brush swatches on your left. (Clean dry skin. NO PRIMER)
*For the matte colors I used the Sigma E55 dense eyeshadow brush. For the shimmer/metallic/glittery shades I used the MAC 242 flat synthetic brush.
Overall, I love this palette. For the price, $38, I think it’s worth it. The packaging and eyeshadows are definitely new to Morphe. Shipping? Well for everyone it’s a different price. Shipping to me was about $8. It isn’t a problem to me; it’s quite affordable. Out of the US, it might be expensive but it depends on your preference. Do you really need to splurge on this? Well, it is a palette with a range of colors. Colors that are mostly found in many palettes. Colors that could be used for an everyday eye look, from daytime to nigh time. If you are a makeup lover/collector or don’t have these kind of colors I say go for it! This palette is a stunner to own. Jaclyn and Morphe did a great job creating this palette.
- The swatches did no justice to these shadows. In real life, they are blinding! The metallic shades are extremely shiny; they look almost wet.
- The shadows are pigmented, buildable, creamy and soft.
- I found that the dark mattes had little fall out, just tap off the excess from your brush.
- Using different brushes (natural/synthetic) will help you achieve the best color payoff.
- The glittery shades are best applied with fingers.
- I, mostly, loved the metallic/glittery shades. They are stunning on the eyes! They work better applying with your finger since they are pressed hard, but you can also use a flat synthetic brush..3
- I do not like the cardboard packaging. Although, I love the white and silver writings on the packaging which definitely speaks to Jaclyn Hill’s style, girly and classy, I hate that this palette can get stained and dirty easily.
The colors in this palette are very beautiful. Like Jaclyn mentioned these shades are new to Morphe including the formula. Even though they’re a few shades similar to some Morphe palettes, majority of these shadows are new to me.
Morphe and Jaclyn Hill did a great job with this palette. It was worth the two years of Jaclyn’s hard work and the wait time.
Do you have this palette? I would love to hear your thoughts on this palette! 😁